Monday, February 9, 2009

Weird 09: Interview

In August of this year, I’ll be speaking at the Weird 09 conference in England.

The organizers recently interviewed me for the official website of the gig, and which can be found online right here.

And as a taster, here’s an extract from the interview:

Nick: “I’m absolutely certain that the next 50 years will be the same as the previous 50 years. A lot of research will be done, a lot of theories will be discussed, a lot of books will be written, and a lot of people will shout very loudly at other people who disagree with them! I am also certain that 50 years from now, we still won’t know what UFOs are, and people will still be debating about bloody Roswell! The Triangles, the Greys, etc will probably be long gone, and replaced by…well…I’m not sure what. But I’m certain the alien ‘motif’ will be very different. Then again, I have no faith at all that the Human Race will survive much longer - I think we have passed the peak, and it’s pretty much down hill from here for the next couple of centuries. So, it may not matter; as 50 years from now there might not be many people left to care about the occasional weird thing seen in the sky! And if - as I believe - the UFO puzzle could well be Tulpa-based, if there’s no-one left to believe in UFOs or the Tulpas themselves, then they may slowly fade away and out of existence too.”

No comments: